- This event has passed.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic we are only scheduling private classes for the remainder of 2020. If you would like to host an event please call 303-916-9190, or use the “contact us” button above.
December 31, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 1:30 pm$75
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic we will not be offering any public courses for the remainder of the year due to location restrictions. If you would like to host a private course please call Odie at 303-916-9190 and a class can be arranged.
Complete a one day course in K9 CPR & First Aid. Attendees will learn all aspects of K9 emergency care, with lectures, demonstrations and hands on skills practice with a lifetime certificate included. Class is a must for any dog owner! Class is taught by Paramedics and includes a LIFETIME certificate! Class time 5 1/2 Hours.
Our team of Paramedics and Dr. Lisa Booth DVM have developed this course to give students confidence. Confidence that no matter what the situation involving their dog, they will be able to provide care that will help for the best possible outcome. That alone can be priceless. Class cost is $75.00 per person. Price includes a new copy of my book “K9 MEDIC” Each student will receive a K9 First-aid and CPR wallet certification as part of the class. Certification is good for life! You are welcome to take the class at anytime in the future at no charge. The class content covers over 20 First Aid items including: first aid kits, torn pads, dog fights, seizures, broken bones, electrical injuries, muzzling, and bleeding control and appropriate restraining of an injured animal. There is special attention to choking, bloat, and poisons. There are several hands on type skills and the relaxed open format is very conducive for learning.
In the class we use high quality K9 CPR manikins where people actually preform “mouth to snout” breathing and compressions. A few reminders about the event: Please no dogs to this event. Service dogs are always welcome. This event has a full service restaurant and food and drink may be purchased.
COVID-19: The following changes during K9 First-aid and CPR trainings will be in effect until further notice in regards to the COVID-19 virus concerns.
- Students who have a fever (Hot to the touch) AND a cough, difficulty breathing, shortness of breath will be asked to reschedule the K9 First-aid and CPR course or can choose to take the course online. Courses are available at www.K9Educators.com
- All participants shall practice good hygiene, including handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after the course.
- Instructors will decontaminate the manikins prior and immediately after class using an alcohol-based solution per CDC recommendations.
- There will be no mouth to mouth on any manikins at any time. Each student will be issued an individual lung bag at the beginning of the course to be used during the CPR segment of the course.
- Manikins will be spaced apart at least 3 feet (1 meter) during training, based on WHO guidance on social distancing.
We look forward to seeing you and providing you the very best in K9 First-aid and CPR. If you have not already we encourage you read our reviews on our Facebook page. Included link here.