July 16th: Lafayette – Romero’s
July 16 @ 8:00 am - 2:00 pm$85.00 – $110.00
Join us at Romero’s K9 Club and Tap House In the heart of Old Town Lafayette, Colorado is a place where folks can gather in a fun, relaxed atmosphere. Bring your appetite a there will be the resident gourmet grilled cheese food truck called The Waggin’
In this one day K9 First-aid and CPR course attendees will learn all aspects of K9 emergency care, with lectures, demonstrations and hands on skills practice. Class is a must for any dog owner, pet sitter or pet professional. Course is six hours in length.
Our team of Paramedics and Dr. Lisa Booth DVM have developed this course to give students confidence. Confidence that no matter what the situation involving their dog, they will be able to provide care that will help for the best possible outcome. That alone can be priceless. Each student will receive a K9 First-aid and CPR wallet certification as part of the class.The class content covers over 20 First Aid items including: first aid kits, torn pads, dog fights, seizures, broken bones, electrical injuries, muzzling, and bleeding control and appropriate restraining of an injured animal. There is special attention to choking, bloat, and poisons. There are several hands on type skills and the relaxed open format is very conducive for learning. In class we use high quality K9 CPR manikins where people actually preform “mouth to snout” breathing and compressions.
A few reminders about the event: Please no dogs to this event. Service dogs are always welcome. Short breaks are provided and you may purchase drinks of choice.
Pandemic accommodation, COVID-19: The following changes during K9 First-aid and CPR trainings will be in effect until further notice in regards to the COVID-19 virus concerns.
- Students who have a fever (Hot to the touch) AND a cough, difficulty breathing, shortness of breath will be asked to reschedule the K9 First-aid and CPR course or can choose to take the course online. Courses are available at www.K9Educators.com
- All participants shall practice good hygiene, including hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after the course.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for the duration of the course.
- Instructors will decontaminate the manikins prior and immediately after class using an alcohol-based solution per CDC recommendations.
- Each student will be issued an individual lung bag at the beginning of the course to be used during the CPR segment of the course. -We ask you please do your best at “resource guarding” the lung bag for the duration of the course.
- The wearing of masks will follow CDC recommendations or the requirements of the hosting facility.
- Basic course: $85 Includes 3 year certification. Student handbook.
- Lifetime Course: $110 Includes Lifetime certification (Students may take a refresher course at no charge in the future with proof of original certification from K9 First-aid and CPR. Lifetime course also includes the student handbook.
We look forward to seeing you and providing you the very best in K9 First-aid and CPR. If you have not already we encourage you read our reviews on our Facebook page. Included link here.
If you have any questions please let us know!