- This event has passed.
September 12th- Fort Collins – Fundraiser
September 12, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 2:30 pm$75.00
Complete a one day course in K9 CPR & First Aid. Attendees will learn all aspects of K9 emergency care, with lectures, demonstrations and hands on skills practice with a lifetime certificate included. Class is a must for any dog owner! Class is taught by Paramedics and includes a LIFETIME certificate! Class time 5 1/2 Hours.
Our team of Paramedics and Dr. Lisa Booth DVM have developed this course to give students confidence. Confidence that no matter what the situation involving their dog, they will be able to provide care that will help for the best possible outcome. That alone can be priceless. Class cost is $75.00 per person. Price includes a new copy of my book “K9 MEDIC” Each student will receive a K9 First-aid and CPR wallet certification as part of the class. Certification is good for life! You are welcome to take the class at anytime in the future at no charge. The class content covers over 20 First Aid items including: first aid kits, torn pads, dog fights, seizures, broken bones, electrical injuries, muzzling, and bleeding control and appropriate restraining of an injured animal. There is special attention to choking, bloat, and poisons. There are several hands on type skills and the relaxed open format is very conducive for learning.
A few reminders about the event: Please no dogs to this event. Service dogs are always welcome.
COVID-19: The following changes during K9 First-aid and CPR trainings will be in effect until further notice in regards to the COVID-19 virus pandemic.
- Students who have a fever (Hot to the touch) AND a cough, difficulty breathing, shortness of breath will be asked to reschedule the K9 First-aid and CPR course or can choose to take the course online. Courses are available at www.K9Educators.com
- Students are asked to wear masks during the course. If you do not have one there will be one supplied for you.
- All participants shall practice good hygiene, including handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after the course.
- Instructors will decontaminate the manikins prior, following skills portions and immediately after class using an alcohol-based solution per CDC recommendations.
- Each student will be issued an individual lung bag at the beginning of the course to be used during the CPR segment of the course.
- Manikins will be spaced apart at least 6 feet during training, based on WHO guidance on social distancing.
We look forward to seeing you and providing you the very best in K9 First-aid and CPR. If you have not already we encourage you read our reviews on our Facebook page. Included link here.