- This event has passed.
May 20th – Larkspur – FUNDRAISER
May 20 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$89.00 – $149.00
Into: Join us at Fostering Love Rescues for a full day of getting K9 First-aid and CPR certified! Fostering Love Rescues provides temporary shelter and medical care for adoptable cats and dogs with the hope we can help find them permanent homes. We adopt rescued horses and other hoofed animals for the purpose of providing a loving and safe environment through the end of life. We believe that no animal should endure a life of pain, suffering, abandonment, or neglect. We promote an animal-friendly approach to life and work to inspire a more compassionate lifestyle through education and outreach programs.
Special Announcement: $25 per student will be donated back to Fostering Love Rescues.
Course Information: In this one day course attendees will learn all aspects of K9 emergency care, with lectures, demonstrations and hands on skills practice. Class is a must for any dog owner! Course is 6 hours in length and is taught by Paramedics. Our team of Paramedics and Dr. Lisa Booth DVM have developed this course to give students confidence. Confidence that no matter what the situation involving their dog, they will be able to provide care that will help for the best possible outcome. That alone can be priceless. Each student will receive a K9 First-aid and CPR wallet certification as part of the class. Course content covers over 20 First Aid items including: first aid kits, torn pads, dog fights, seizures, broken bones, electrical injuries, muzzling, and bleeding control and appropriate restraining of an injured animal. There is special attention to choking, bloat, and poisons. There are several hands on type skills and the relaxed open format is very conducive for learning.
In the course we use high quality K9 CPR manikins where people actually preform “mouth to snout” breathing and compressions. We also have developed Choking manikins as Choking is the leading cause of trauma death of dogs since 2017.
Ground Rules: Please no dogs to this event. Service dogs are always welcome. A short break is provided and you may bring food and non alcoholic drinks of your choice. If you have any food allergies you must notify the instructors no less than one week prior to class so we can provide a safe environment for all.
- We ask that any person with any current sickness reschedule the course, or the course my be taken online at www.K9Educators.com
- Instructors will decontaminate the manikins prior and immediately after class using an alcohol-based solution per CDC recommendations.
- All participants shall practice good hygiene, including hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after the course.
- Each student will be issued an individual lung bag at the beginning of the course to be used during the CPR segment of the course. -We ask you please do your best at “resource guarding” the lung bag for the duration of the course.
- The wearing of masks will follow CDC recommendations or the requirements of the hosting facility.
- Basic Course: $89 Includes 3 year certification wallet card and the course handbook.
- Premium Course: $130: Includes a LIFETIME certification wallet card (Students may take a refresher course at no charge in the future with proof of original certification from K9 First-aid and CPR) and will also receive the course handbook.
- VIP- aka Big Dog Course $149: This is our most popular package as each student will get a autographed copy of the book K9 MEDIC UNLEASHED from author Eric “Odie” Roth. The Big Dog package also Includes LIFETIME certification wallet card and will also receive the course handbook. (Students may take a refresher course at no charge in the future with proof of original certification from K9 First-aid and CPR)
We look forward to seeing you and providing you the very best in K9 First-aid and CPR. If you have not already we encourage you read our reviews on our Facebook page. Included link here.