October 7th: Police Handler Advanced K9 Course (PM)
October 7 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm$795.00
NOT A PUBLIC COURSE: Specific to Police K9 handlers only: In serious emergencies, veterinary care may be needed immediately. Every minute it takes to get to the nearest veterinarian could mean the difference between the life and death of a valuable working dog. Our Law Enforcement K9 First Aid training is very thorough from the extra care working dogs need to emergency life threatening situations.
Designed for: Police K9 Handlers – Host facility is the Denver Sheriff’s Department
Class content: Trauma Care – K9s get hurt in the line of duty! This course will give you skills and education to stabilize your K9 partner before transport to the veterinarian. Course includes proper use of all first-aid kit supplies that will be issued. In addition we will cover preventive care for your dog from nails trimming, ear cleaning to paw care.
Time: 3.5 hours of instruction.
Please no dogs to this event. If you must bring your dog we will provide adequate breaks and safety cheeks. There will be no skills performed on live dogs.
COST: FREE to law enforcement personnel.
FREE FIRST AID KIT IS SUPPLIED: One First-Aid Kit will be issued per handler. These kits will be free of charge courtesy of Kits for K9’s!
Taught by Dr Lisa Booth DVM and Paramedics from K9 First-aid and CPR.
Spots are limited so early registration is encouraged. Agencies will need a promo code prior to registration to waive the class course. – Contact Eric Roth at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
** Media release ** Presenter Dr Lisa Booth and skills sessions will be video recorded for use for online content at a later date- Each handler will be required to sign the media release prior to entry of the course.
Pandemic accommodation, COVID-19: The following changes during K9 First-aid and CPR trainings will be in effect until further notice in regards to the COVID-19 virus concerns.
- Students who have a fever (Hot to the touch) AND a cough, difficulty breathing, shortness of breath will be asked to reschedule the K9 First-aid and CPR course or can choose to take the course online. Courses are available at www.K9Educators.com
- All participants shall practice good hygiene, including hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after the course.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for the duration of the course.
- Instructors will decontaminate the manikins prior and immediately after class using an alcohol-based solution per CDC recommendations.
- Each student will be issued an individual lung bag at the beginning of the course to be used during the CPR segment of the course. -We ask you please do your best at “resource guarding” the lung bag for the duration of the course.
- The wearing of masks will follow CDC recommendations or the requirements of the hosting facility.
If you have any questions please let us know!